Producing large print documents for visually impaired readers is not as simple as most people imagine – it is about much more than just increasing the font size. Shortcuts like photocopying onto large paper lead to poor quality documents that your customers are unable to read, and on huge pieces of paper that are difficult to hold and use.
Large Print transcription includes the use of text that is larger than usual, but there are many other differences as well. Large Print transcription involves:
- Correct font styles, colours and weights – suitable for readers that need large print;
- Proper use of emphasis options within the large print text;
- Good use of colours, colour combinations and colour contrast;
- Careful text layout and alignment, including adjustment of inappropriate features such as columns which should be avoided in large print documents;
- Correct text and line spacing;
- Adaptation and redesign of complex items such as tables, graphs, charts and forms, appropriate for large print
- Suitable paper size, colour, weight & type; and
- Top quality printing of your large print documents
You can find out more details about what is required in our Large Print FAQs.
A2i’s experienced transcribers can help with transcription of any document to large print format. We transcribe to a size and format that we know is suitable for the majority of visually impaired people reading large print, or we can produce large print to meet more specific requirements.
Please send us your document by post or email for a full quotation.
Our turnaround time for transcription to large print is usually just 3 working days.
|Simple format||Complex format||Copies|
Prices quoted are per A4 page (approximately 500 words).
Please note that if you cannot provide your document in an appropriate electronic format, then a conversion charge will be added.
Documents that A2i transcribe to large print include everything from single-page letters and statements to books, magazines, leaflets, brochures, prospectuses, agendas, legal documents, menus, foreign language documents and Maths documents.
A2i also sell Large Print products on our online shop, including:
> Large Print Keyboards;
> Large Print Keyboard Sticker Label Kits;
> Combo Braille & Large Print Keyboards; and
> Combo Braille & Large Print Keyboard Label Kits
Large Print Standard Presentation:
A2i produce large print with minimum font size 16 as standard
Large Print is produced on A4 pale yellow 120gsm paper for maximum clarity.
Large Print documents include stapling/comb-binding/filing (depending on size) free-of-charge.
Various other presentation options are available on request (some for an additional charge).
Standard print enclosures can be printed at 10p/side.
Foreign Language Large Print please ask if specific language is available
Maths Large Print up to degree level
Send us your document by post or email for a full quotation.